Baker College of Flint Celebrates Centennial on December 13
Reception to honor Baker College supporters
As the culmination of a series of events to celebrate its 100th anniversary, Baker College of Flint will host a reception on December 13 for area employers, community leaders and dignitaries, board members, Baker College System trustees, partners, vendors and employees.
The strolling reception begins at 4 p.m. and ends at 7 p.m. at the Student Center, 1050 W. Bristol Road, Flint, Michigan. A brief presentation at 5:30 p.m. will feature remarks by Baker College officials, dignitaries and community and business leaders including:
- John Gleason, Michigan state senator
- Deb Cherry, Genesee County treasurer and former state senator and representative
- F. James Cummins, Baker College Systems president and CEO
- Wendy Hemingway, Baker College of Flint trustee, board of regents chair
- Dr. Julianne T. Princinsky, Baker College of Flint president
- Edward O. Blews, Association of Independent Colleges and Universities president
- Tim Herman, Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce president and CEO
The event also includes special recognition of other area organizations celebrating 100 years of innovation and success in the Flint area, a donation by artist Peter Griz, and the first centennial garden scholarship award presentation.
The Lapeer Symphony Orchestra will provide musical entertainment, an extensive array of hors d’oeuvres will be available, and attendees will have the opportunity to peruse a Baker College of Flint historical presentation. For more information, please contact Jodi Cuneaz at (810) 776-4000.